Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 15, 2018

How Lucky Was I on Friday the 13th?

Last week I listened to the above audio reading of H.P.Lovecraft's 'Herbert West RE-ANIMATOR' by the actor who played Herbert in the 1985 movie adaption of the tale, Jeffrey Combs.
Loving Lovecraft?
I had never seen that 1985 movie before, so on Friday I looked around on the internet for a free screening and found one at this link -
WARNING: This is a film for adults only 
Re-Animator (1985)
And how appropriate to find a black cat in the movie that I was watching on Friday the 13th?
Herbert West, who hated his roommate's cat tries to explain that he found the cat suffocated by getting its head stuck in a jar, so popped it into his bar fridge to show his roommate at a more appropriate time ... like after his roommate's girlfriend found it in Herbert's bar fridge perhaps?
Here I am thinking as if a cat would get its head stuck in a jar and die.
And after watching the movie I grab my local paper out of my letter box for a read and see this story about a possum getting its head stuck in a jar, but luckily for the possum some kind soul saved it from dying.
This guy sure looks like some kind of animator
with that jacket:-)
There was also a story about a scientist named Jeffery
murdered March 13th, 1996
As I was watching the movie I spotted a 'Talking Heads' poster on the wall for the movie 'Stop Making Sense', which reminded me that I had to grab some tickets for David Byrne's Gold Coast show in November before they sold out.
Thanks for the Head's up in more ways than one 'Re-animator';-)
So I've got my ticket now for November 21st, 2018 ... which oddly enough is two days past what would have been my 30th wedding anniversary this year ... so great timing David.
Well November should be something to look forward to if I should find myself there. 
And Friday the 13th turned out alright on the night too for my beloved Sharks as they beat the black cats on the cats home turf.
Oops ... sorry for the old photo above Panther fans, as Matty now plays for the Sharks, not the Panthers anymore.
Silly me, but didn't he have a blinder for his new team?
It's like he's been re-animated with a new lease on life at the Sharks, don't you think?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment