Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 16, 2018

Bird Card Medicine?

I watched the above video today of Evan T Pritchard giving a bird card reading to a group and to say that I was impressed would be an understatement.
It reminded me of the same energy that Andras Jones seams to have around when he does his 'Radio8Ball' show -
Sleepin’ in the Daytime (Words and Music?)
I've written about hearing Evan before on a few podcasts and deciding to buy his bird medicine book -
Bird Medicine?
I started reading Evan's book today and thought I would do a video search to see if Evan had featured in any talks that are available on the net.
I found three videos I had not seen before and I have to say are worth watching, especially the bird card video.
He also mentioned the turtle heart looking like the hearts drawn on Valentine's Day cards and that was something I was not aware of.
I looked around on the net to see just what a turtle heart looks like and found a rather gruesome video of a guy who had cut up a turtle to eat it and held the beating heart of the turtle in his hand to show how long it keeps beating for.
A real life turtle heart
Here is the video below and I would advise not looking at it if you are a sensitive to such things.
While you don't see this guy cut it out of the turtle, he does show it beating in his hand for quite a while.
I'm on a vegetarian diet at the moment and certainly don't condone the killing of turtles to eat, and even if I was eating meat still this video would sicken me, but that would be a real hypocritical stance wouldn't it?
I have no idea who the guy is in the video or why he eats turtles, I just found it by an internet search when I keyed in "turtle heart".
So that video has nothing to do with Evan's teachings as far as I know.
Native american wisdom of our hearts
I'm really looking forward to reading Evan's 'Bird Medicine' book after watching his videos above (the turtle heart video is not Evan's I should stress once again, it was a random search that I found  that one on when I was trying to see what shape a real turtle heart looks like).
I love what Evan writes in the beginning of his book about caged birds, which very much resonates with my own view about birds -
"When one says bird, the first thing people think of is a cage, but by caging a bird we deprive the world, and ourselves, of its healing and its messages.
It is mainly wild birds that have the freedom to live, move, and have their being as messengers of spirit.
Caged birds don't behave the same way, and yet that is how modern humans prefer their birds, locked up."
Mike Perry's great bird signs blog
I also smiled when I read in the first chapter of 'Bird Medicine' that Evan wrote -
"Archaeologists have found sites that seem to be of similar antiquity all over the United States, including a ten-thousand- year-old site near Perry, Florida..."
My English blogging friend Mike Perry has been writing a fantastic blog called '67 Not Out' about birds and spiritual signs, or fantastic coincidences if you are of the skeptical bent, that is just mind blowing reading.
There are bird signs everywhere in daily life I feel, if only we keep our eyes open for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment