Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 16, 2018

'The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath' Read by 'A Poetry Channel'?

Loving Lovecraft?
I've been working my way through reading H.P. Lovecraft's complete works and I was up to his rather longish story
'The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath' and I just knew that my mind would go into a coma if I attempted reading it, as 
'Lord of the Rings' type stories just bore me to death.
Even listening to an audio reading of the tale could probably send my brain into trance state where the words wouldn't register to keep hold of my attention.
But I did find a seven part audio reading at You Tube on a channel called 'A Poetry Channel' that illustrates the story, more or less, and which kept my eyes and attention focused on the adventure while it was being read out to me.
I enjoyed watching and listening to these seven parts of Lovecraft's story and will be back to 'A Poetry Channel' to listen to the reading of 'Swann's Way' and a few other readings.
It's a great little You Tube channel for lazy bastards like me who like being read to from time to time and especially at bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment