Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 8, 2018

Loving Lovecraft?

After reading 'The Call of Cthulhu' and 'The Dunwich Horror' in 'H.P.Lovecraft: The Complete Collection' I decided to start at the beginning of the book and work my way through Lovecraft's stories in chronological order.
The great thing about Lovecraft's stories is that if you get sick of reading the book you can always find someone reading just about all of his stories on You Tube for free.
I even stumbled across a Swedish guy who calls himself
'The Lone Animator' and I found him on the day after England knocked Sweden out of the World Cup, too (no wonder this guy is an atheist;-) and the LA does make some rather entertaining Lovecraftian animated films.
Maybe "The Lone Animator" needs to rename himself 
"The Re-animator" to give himself that Lovecraftian dark edge?-)
When I've been reading all day and my eyes have grown weary as bedtime approaches, like they have now, a recorded narration becomes music to my ears.
So good night and I hope the 'Old Bugs' don't bite:-)
The Dunwich Horror and Whippoorwills as Psychopomps of the Dead?

2 comments:

  1. Great! I read all of Lovecraft, ages ago, back when I was a teen. To all those that say Lovecraft's writing is terrible, they should just shut up. Nobody has ever done inter-dimensional horrors from outer space like him, and though many have tried to imitate him, all have failed at the basic task of writing a great story. I'd really love to know which of his stories are your favorites, good chance to re-read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far my favourite would be 'The Dunwich Horror'.
    I wish someone would make a decent movie out of it, unlike the crap they made in the past, which doesn't even look faithful to the story in the trailers I've seen.

    ReplyDelete