Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 28, 2018

A Hunger for Spirituality?

The Hunger for Spirituality at the BWF 2017
Susan Carland, Tony Doherty and
Meshel Laurie and
Ailsa Piper
I was glad to find this talk I attended last year at the Byron Writers Festival recorded at the BWF podcast site -
The Hunger for Spirituality
"What do you get when you put a Muslim, a Monsignor and Buddhist on a writers’ panel [and a part secular Jew in the audience:-]?
It's well worth a listen and I remember sitting in the front row and looking at a hair band somebody had lost or discarded and seeing a beam of sunlight on the grass near it when Father Tony said, "religion means tying yourself back ... tying yourself back to your essence ... tying yourself back to the mystery of who you are and the mystery of which we are living."
"...tying yourself back to the mystery of who you are
 and the mystery of which we are living.
"?
"...religion means tying yourself back"?
I just had to smirk when Father Tony said that, as I was looking at the hairband on the grass in front of me.
It was a bit like a Jung and the scarab beetle moment for me right then. 
"...tying yourself back to your essence..."?
There is not much more spiritual in this world to me than spending a few days at a writers festival like this one. 
Cape Byron lighthouse, Byron Bay, New South Wales,
Australia, Earth, Milky Way, the Universe
Have a Namaste:-)
Apart from the Acid on the Road I Had a Good Trip
Nothing like a good story, I say:-)
Oh, and I found another audio recorded talk that I was at last year (sorry I wasn't at that talk, it was 'The Attachment: Letters in Conversation' talk that I attended), featuring two people from the 'Hunger for Spirituality' talk above -
The Two of Us
"In this touching session we listen to the stories of two vastly different friendships and reflect on what ties us together.
With Deng Adut, Ben Mckelvey, Ailsa Piper, Tony Doherty and chaired by Rosemarie Milsom."
'The Attachment: Letters in Conversation' talk at the BWF

No comments:

Post a Comment