Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 5, 2019

2019: We Can't Un-Ring This Bell?

A scene from the first episode of
 '
The Haunting of Hill House'
It's been a strange day at the synchromystic crossroads for me today.
I had just listened to the latest 'See You on the Other Side' podcast -
229 – RINGING OUT THE OLD: FAVORITE PARANORMAL STORIES OF 2018
And had read these lines from chapter 7 of 'The Trauma Cleaner', where Sarah wrote this about cleaning up an apartment where a bus driver named Gordon bled to death from a hemorrhage,
"It doesn't feel like anyone died here because it doesn't feel like anyone lived here.
It is hard to talk about the presence and distribution of "vibes" in these small rooms without sounding like someone I am not.
But something I have learnt in my time with Sandra is that, yes, spaces - like people - have voices." 
I couldn't help thinking of Gordon White from the 'Rune Soup' blog and podcast when I had read in the same chapter, but a page before when Sarah writes about finding magick books in Gordon's bedroom, "Used towels and wrinkled clothes and books are strewn over the bed.
'Isis Magic: Cultivating a Relationship with the Goddess of 10,000 Names', Kabbala, Enochian Magick."
Well, Speak of the Devil, More Lizards?
Then I read the latest post by Chris Knowles over at
'The Secret Sun' blog and that post convinced me that I should start watching 'The Haunting of Hill House' -
where I see the screen shot below from the first episode and which I used at the top of this post.
In case you thought the screen shot had rung a bell with you.
All great posts, podcasts and books mentioned here, by the way.
And oddly enough, I rang in the New Year watching Sarah's partner Charlie Pickering on the ABC TV channel count down the New Year from Sydney.
NYE With Charlie Pickering
But the telecast was delayed by an hour up here in my Australian home state of Queensland, since we aren't on daylight saving time ... as usual.
Countdown To Midnight
"Charlie Pickering and Zan Rowe count down to 2019, capping off the night with the sensational midnight fireworks."
Happy New Year ... Again?!
Ding- ding.
And while the 'Sunspot' song “Year Of The Dog” mentioned in the 'See You on the Other Side' podcast is a good one, I'm not sure if they realize that the 'Year of the Dog' isn't over until February, 2019, when the 'Year of the Pig' begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment