Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 26, 2019

How to Increase Serendipity?

I just listened to the latest 'Connecting with Coincidence' podcast where Dr. Bernie Beitman interviews Lennart Bjรถrneborn about the difference between synchronicity and serendipity -
CCBB: Lennart Bjorneborn How To Increase Serendipity
I found the podcast interesting, but my understanding is that serendipity is used by people like Christians where they see a 
"good and happy" coincidence as coming from an intervention from "God" or Jesus Christ, whereas the term synchronicity is usually used by agnostics who kind of suspect "God" or the universe is the cause, but don't want to put money on it.
Although some megalomaniacs think they are the sole cause of any synchronicity that involves them.
I personally have no problem with attributing a 
meaningful coincidence to "God", but just what "God" is is another matter, as to someone like me Jesus is just a
mythical archetypal figure, as is the "God" of The Bible
But at the end of the day I believe we are all from the same "God", whatever that is...
I don't believe all synchronicities are good though, which is why I tend to use Jung's term for a meaningful coincidence.
People who use the term serendipity just look at the
good coincidences and fail to see that there are just as many 
bad ones that "God" is letting happen when it comes to life.
But I guess they could always pin the bad ones on 
another mythical figure;-)
Are You Winking at Me?

No comments:

Post a Comment