Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 3, 2019

Trauma Cleaning and Apart-ments?

I wrote a post in mid-December about a work of art that caught my eye and my heart for some reason in a modern art gallery in my hometown of Brisbane -
House-Spirits in ApART-ment Buildings?
The work of art I saw at QAGOMA in early December, 2018
The look of this art building had a familiar dark look to it for me, but it was no memory from my life experience.
Maybe it reminded me of some building I had seen in a movie long lost in my memory, I didn't quite know at the time, but it had an eerie real lifelike quality to me for some reason.
One of the windows I photographed on the day
I also wrote a post about starting to read a book I bought in August at a writers festival after hearing the author of the book speak a few times on panels at the Byron Writers Festival -
Well, Speak of the Devil, More Lizards?
I'd been meaning to read this book for a while, but I have learned over the last few years that I intuitively (or through an act of divine guidance {a book angel maybe?-}) seem to read the right book at the right time in my life for me to make it somehow meaningful to my life and the world events swirling around my life.
Just a day or two before the Russian apartment collapse I had read the chapter in Sarah Krasnostein's book 'The Trauma Cleaner' where Sarah writes about visiting an apartment where a woman had died of a heroin overdose,
"I pull up in front of endless Soviet-style apartments and walk over ...", and I thought to myself when I was reading that line, what do Soviet-style apartments look like?
Not long after reading that line in Sarah's book I see at the
ABC news site this story and wonder no more -
Rescuers scour rubble after Russian tower blast kills at least three and leaves dozens missing
And I couldn't help but think of the artwork I had seen a few weeks back at QAGOMA.
A dark coincidence or not, the two buildings just linked together for me when I saw that news story and I couldn't help but wonder if my uneasy feeling and fascination with the art apartment at the gallery that day was the hint of a dark premonition just up around the corner in world events.
I guess I will never really know, but it seems all the more eerie wondering about it all and the timing, as if reading runes that fell just so.
Sarah Krasnostein (centre) at 'Bedtime Stories'
last
August in Byron Bay
MESSY MONKEYS MIND?
I'm only halfway through Sarah's book, but it is a very good book, so far.
You can listen to Sarah talking about her book in this ABC podcast -
Sarah Krasnostein and the trauma cleaner
I can see this book being made into a fine film one day for sure.
One for Nicole Kidman to maybe consider making I think?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment