Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 13, 2019

Having a Devil of a Time on the 13th with Gordon?

I went along to the Ecclectica' bookstore today to see that old Tasmanian devil Gordon White give his talk about the Devil, the one I wrote about in this recent post -
Well, Speak of the Devil, More Lizards?
I'm into the Devil as much as I'm into Jesus to be honest, and while I get the archetype thing, I suspect that neither of them are real beings anyway.
Not that I'm going to call on favours from either entity though, just to be on the safe side.
I mean look what happened to poor old Doreen Virtue when the "real" Jesus finally showed up in her life -
Whatever Happened to Doreen Virtue?
Not for me thanks.
I'll stick with "the force" that holds the universe together, or whatever you want to call it.
The back room where the talk was held felt like a cross between the sets of 'The Game of Thrones' and 'Suspiria'
And I sat right next to a zebra skin hanging on the wall that was giving me flash backs to an old Steve Kilbey concert I saw once in Brisbane years ago -
Steve Kilbey on stage at
Lefty's Music-hall in Brisbane
I have to mention how funny it is when a date like Steve's birthday of September 13th used to mean nothing to me until my father passed away on that date in 2016.
I only realized that little bit of personal trivia while writing up this post by the way. 
Steve is 10 days short of being exactly 10 years older than me, too.
I guess I'll have a reason to play 'Under the Milky Way' every September 13th from now on - 
My Observations of Time and Space in Port Macquarie
Funny thing too was I got to the talk early and got to pick where to sit and I'm thinking the only thing that could spoil this view is if someone with a top hat sits down in front of me.
Perfect view for the talk right?
Wrong!
Doh!
But I didn't mind too much as I thought it was rather amusing that this lady seemed to be wearing a crow feather in her hair (I love crows, if you haven't been reading my blog) which would get in the way of just about every shot I wanted to take of the screen.
I also thought it was amusing that this lady had a sideways 8 tattooed on her neck, or the infinity symbol if you prefer, as my father lived and my Nan died in house #8 in this suburb that the bookshop was in.
Trauma Cleaning and Art Therapy?
My 8/infinity poster I bought in Port Macquarie
Oh, the Trickster seems to be out in "force" for me today;-)
Night flight and a crow feather?-)
I also thought it was amusing (I'm easily amused can't you tell?-) that Gordon just happened to do his talk right next to a mirror, so it was like two Gordons giving the talk at once from where I was sitting.
I guess it made it easy for me to reflect upon what Gordon had to say though:-)
Well, I had a wild time today even though talk of the Devil doesn't exactly light my fire:-)
And I liked that hat stand near the mirror.
If someone put a brain on top it would look like "the arm" in the Black Lodge in 'Twin Peaks'.
'Twin Peaks'
There was a good selection of books about shamanism in the bookshop also.
Not to mention toad purses made from real toads.
Toads are considered extreme pests in Queensland, by the way.
March of the toads
Well, it was good to meet Gordon in the flesh and after the talk I headed across the road to have sushi, as after being on pretty much a Vegetarian diet the last year before Christmas, I made a New Year resolution to eat seafood as well in my diet.
A resolution I think I should be able to keep going for quite a while without breaking it:-)
I guess I can always blame the Devil, right?-)

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is so enlightening! And I'm amused easily like you :-)

    ReplyDelete