Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 21, 2019

GOT Life?

Brendan Cowell as Harrag in 'Game of Thrones'
Harrag getting the crap beaten out
 of him in '
Game of Thrones'
I just spent the last week and a bit binge watching seven seasons of 'Game of Thrones' just so I could see how fellow 'Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks' supporter Brendan Cowell's character Harrag slots into the whole thing.
Disappointingly Brendan gets a few lines and then the s#it beaten out of him by a man with no dick.
Oh well, such is life when you're a lifelong Sharks supporter like us I guess (especially pre-2016;-) 
"They say the dead can't swim"?
I kind of thought it was amusing with Brendan being a Sharks supporter that he GOT to say the line,
"They say the dead can't swim" in GOT.
And in his novel 'How It Feels' that I read years ago, the main character plans to swim out into the ocean as far as he can, to die -
How It Feels??? Synchronistic That's How! (Part 1)
Oddly enough, I just found the above book panel talk where Brendan talks about his novel 'How It Feels' alongside Brigid Delaney talking about her book at the time.
I first met Brendan at the 2011 Byron Writers Festival and Brigid came to my attention at last year's Byron Writers Festival when she shared her synch story about writing about and then running into the singer P!nk -
Humour in Today’s Society ... and in Synchomysticism and Synchronicity?
My favourite piece of work from Brendan so far is the play/movie he wrote, 'Ruben Guthrie' -
Ruben Guthrie, Alcoholism and Bundaberg Rum?
The zombie polar bear from GOT
Gyton Grantley as Ruben Guthrie
So, seeing that zombie polar bear in 'Game of Thrones' reminded me of the irony of Gyton Grantley who played Ruben Guthrie as an alcoholic in the stage play now being the face of a national rum drink with a polar bear as its mascot.
Gyton in the shark scene in the Bundy Rum commercial
I also liked how the three-eyed raven was a major player in GOT, as it reminded me of the corvids/crows I encountered on my road-trips around Australia in 2016 -
On the Road with Corvids
The crow that met me outside the Sharks HQ in 2016
A Walk Through Centennial Park and Then Off to the Football
If you've been reading this blog long enough, then you'll know how much I like corvids and shamanic practices -
Shamanic Totem Animals: The Hunted and the Hated
I also got a kick out of seeing Jonathan Pryce as the 'High Sparrow' who was a religious nut-bag in GOT -
Meet G.I. Joe Black?
Jonathan Pryce as the High Sparrow in GOT
And on the subject of shamanic totems and football teams, when it comes to the AFL I'm a Brisbane Lions supporter, so I couldn't help noticing that the Lannister's armour looks very much like a Brisbane Lions jersey, even down to the colours.
 My Brisbane Lions indigenous jersey
Tripping with Lions/Shamanism and Football?
And just to put a Trickster spin on things right after I had finished watching the whole current seven series of 'Game of Thrones' I was reaching into my kitchen cupboard to get my orange juicer out to squeeze some oranges and I tripped as I was pulling the juicer out of the cupboard, catching my Lions cup and knocking it onto the tiles and breaking the handle.
Lucky, I suppose I had two of those cups.
'As one' and 'all for one':-)
Oh well, the lesson here for me is probably that when life gives me oranges, just keep swimming as the games begin;-)
GO THE SHARKIES AND THE LIONS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment