Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 29, 2019

Crazy Eyes of an Old Crow?

I went out to fill up the bird bath in my backyard yesterday and this old crow with crazy looking green eyes came out of the corner of my garden like he had just performed a magic trick for me.
He ... well it could have been a she for all I know, but I assumed it was a he ... looked at me as if to say about time you filled that up, then hopped on the bird bath edge and took a good drink.
I hadn't seen this crow before in my garden.
I was cursing myself for not having my phone on me to get some pictures of this crow.
It reminded me of that 'Old Crow Medicine Show' song 'Crazy Eyes' with those bright green looking eyes, so I called it crazy eyes, although its eyes were probably more wise than crazy.
Just Breathe?!
The crow had no fear of me and just walked along the fence with me as I walked inside with my empty bucket and went to grab my phone hoping the crow wouldn't fly off.
It just walked up in front of my garden gnome and stated grooming itself.
It looked like it was wearing white knee high socks on its legs.
I thought it was rather coincidental that this seemingly wise old spirit would appear in my backyard like this as I had just started reading Thomas Keneally's new book 'Two Old Men Dying' after just watching an old movie adapted from his book
'The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith' where I was surprised to see Thomas playing a baker in the film.
Free 2?
Thomas Keneally in 'The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith' (far right)
The funny thing with Thomas playing a baker was later that day the old crow came back with a lump of white bread and was dipping it in the bird bath to soften it and eat it.
Unfortunately I had my phone not on me and switched off, so I didn't get a picture to show for this post.  
After reading a fair bit of Thomas Keneally's new book even my garden gnome started looking like Thomas to me as I looked over the old crow pictures, so maybe I'm the one with the crazy eyes after all?-)
The Crow: Examining the Dark Side of Life
Old Crow Medicine Show’s “Heart Up in the Sky”

No comments:

Post a Comment