Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 26, 2019

For the Love of Zebras: Tinkling the Ivories and the Elephant Tusks in the Room?

Elephant tusks in the room in a scene
from the movie
'Green Book'
I'm not a Gnostic or a Christian, or even religious in my belief about "God", but I can sympathize with Gnostics thinking The Bible is just a story invented by "The Empire", because I think it is, too.
Not to say that there aren't nuggets of truth throughout the book, but overall ... meh!
I personally think that PKD was just a schizophrenic drugged-up Christian nut-bag, but he did make some good and thought provoking art.
I listened to the free section of a podcast at the
'Aeon Byte' radio podcast site yesterday (above) called -
Finding the Self in a Philip K. Dick World
where a guy who writes with the name Zebra Love was interviewed about some nirvanic state he had reached through meditation and his thoughts about it.
I thought this was going to be an enlightening talk especially when at around the 20 minute mark Zebra mentions being in the middle of writing a second book titled 'Elephant Tusk'.
I listened to this talk after seeing the movie 'Green Book' where in one scene there are a pair of elephant tusks in the room.
I even had a synchronicity before seeing the movie -
Viggo Mortensen and Synchronicity?
And now here was another one involving elephant tusks.
But listening to this Zebra guy prattle on sent me off into a Homer like coma state.
So maybe in a roundabout way Zebra helped me to achieve the state he was talking about?-)
Then I listened to the latest 'New Thinking Allowed' talk with 
Dean Radin and he seemed to be talking about the same state that Zebra Love was.
The Zebra podcast got my attention because of the Gordon White talk I was at a few weeks back where a zebra skin was hanging on the wall next to me and made me think of the zebra in the PKD novel.
Having a Devil of a Time on the 13th with Gordon?
The podcasts above are probably worth a listen to, but don't listen while you are driving;-)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Darren, Meth head PKD= Exegesis. How many times does he refer to 23-74? Nuggets for sure but damn, over the top. His deity of choice is Gnostic me thinks. 87

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darren...

    I too listened to Miguel Conner's Zebra interview. PDK's "Zebra" as well as the Sufi's "Elephant",..allegedly refer to God. Bucky Fuller says "God is a Verb" ...while the true secret is... God is Dog spelled backward!

    https://tekgnostics.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-zebra-entity.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good comment Jack, especially since it's right near the end of the Year of the DOG.
    Pity the Chinese don't have a Year of the Zebra;-)

    ReplyDelete