Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 10, 2019

What Is The Church of Satan?

I've got to admit I don't get what would draw a person to a
"Satanic Church" or to "Satan" himself (whatever the hell that is meant to be:-), no matter what psycho-babble you want to prattle on about with the merits of being a member of such an organization as Raul does in this 'Truth Be Told' podcast -
What Is The Church of Satan? We Find Out with Reverend Raul Antony
And while I see Jesus and Satan as much of a myth as Santa is, I can see the attraction of going to a church that isn't full of fundamentalist nut-bags who believe everyone bar them is going to hell if they don't play along to their tune.
But I'm more in the late Paul Cox camp when it comes to religion to be honest.
I've been to talks about the devil/Satan/Lucifer and while interesting they don't sell me on the idea any more than some bike riding door-knockers would sell me on their view of Jesus.
But hey, whatever floats your boat I guess, as long as you aren't harming other human beings with your beliefs.
But Satanism doesn't appeal to me, especially the stuff Raul is talking about in the 'Truth Be Told' podcast.
Sounds like a lot of inflated egos to me.
Nothing wrong with having an ego, but if an ego is all you value in life then I think you are missing the point.
Having a Devil of a Time on the 13th with Gordon?
I've got religious art all around my house including a statue of Baphomet and pictures of Jesus in my bookcases along with heaps of crosses.
UPDATE: 2021
I literally binned my Baphomet statue about a year ago, as I couldn't give it away when I was doing some de-cluttering around my home.
I don't want to give people the false impression that I support or agree with organizations who use the statue as part of their
Beleif System:-) 
Baphomet in my bookcase
But I don't pray to them or worship them.
My idea of God transcends all religions and is a loving and accepting force that doesn't reject any soul, and that's not to say you won't have karma to work through from your actions on the earthly plane in my book, but I don't believe in an everlasting hell.
Like I said, whatever floats your boat, but the Church of Satan doesn't float mine.
Not that there is anything wrong with a bit of good old Jungian shadow work on yourself from time to time, either.
And it ain't all good, no matter what the hippies like to tell you, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment