Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 11, 2018

The Dance of Chance for an Avid Reader?

Bri Lee talking to Rachael Brown last night
Last night I attended a talk at the Avid Reader bookstore in Brisbane and arrived a little early so I decided to browse around the bookstore to see if the book angels were going to throw a book my way.
On my last two visits to the Avid Reader I had scoured the shelves for the above book by Laurence Browne who I knew had done a talk in the bookshop in 2017 and I wrote about in this old post -
The Many Faces of COINcidence?
The faces of COINcidences
and chance?-)
The trouble was in my visits to the bookstore was I could never remember the author's name and the whole title of the book whenever I went to a talk at the bookstore.
All I could remember was what the cover image looked like and the word "coincidence" in the title, so I could hardly go to the counter for help saying have you got a green book about coincidence on your shelves?
Where I found the book in the bookstore
I had looked through the whole bookshop and the talk was just about to start so I just figured that I was never meant to read this coincidence book and then a thought came to me to grab a book laying on top of a bookshelf that was higher than my line of vision, so I couldn't see the cover.
It was the book I was after, and it was a signed copy by Laurence Browne (the name that had eluded my memory).
I had a chuckle to myself because of all the talks I tried looking for this book in this store I finally stumbled across it on the night of a talk by the author Rachael Brown.
Rachael Brown is the author of the book 'Trace' and has a podcast on the ABC site by the same name, which you can download on iTunes -
Trace with Rachael Brown
I actually went to the talk not to buy the book 'Trace' but to give Rachael an out-of-print book called 'Five Drops of Blood' that I have had for years on my bookshelf about another DNA murder case.
Speaking About Fishy Things and Librarians
I thought this book and criminal case would be right up Rachael's alley, as I really think Andrew got jailed for a murder that a woman committed, but the cops were never interested in female DNA at the scene of the crime according to the book, only male.
Andrew has done his time in jail for the murder (as if you could ever do "your time" for a murder I say) and is a free man now, but it would be good to clear his name if he didn't do it ... which I believe he didn't.
I also was amazed that in Rachael's talk last night she mentioned a witness from a cat protection society in Victoria in relation to the Trace investigation.
I hadn't even given the book to Rachael at that point, so she knew nothing about this other "cat protection society" murder case.
Rachael also made mention of the movie 'The Matrix' last night and I had finally bought a pair of white rabbits for my bookshelf from the magic store a few shops down from the Avid Reader store. 
One of the white rabbits I bought last night on my bookshelf 
Still Following the White Rabbit?
Doreen Virtue has the same type of
white rabbit on her bookshelf 
A crow mural I found while
walking around
West End
Personally, I would rather follow the black crow than the white rabbit in this earthly matrix, like I wrote about in this recent post -
The Shamanic Artists of Byron Bay: The Medicine of Karuah and Sean O'Shea
The crow that greeted me above an ATM in Byron Bay
I just love crows and magpies, so I also bought the above book from the magic shop where I bought the white rabbits from.
On the Road with Corvids
The book even came with a lucky charm, which I don't seem to need at the moment anyway.
Getting back to the coincidence book of Laurence Browne's, I started reading the chapter titled 'The Dance of Chance', because I knew that Dr. Bernie Beitman who brought Laurence to my attention was a mad keen dancer.
Plus, just before going to the book talk, I saw the movie about Whitney Houston's life.
From the 'The Dance of Chance' chapter
I was never a huge Whitney Houston fan, but this movie is one of the best movies that I have seen all year and I only went to see it so I didn't have to hit the freeway at peak-hour before the book talk, as the cinema is pretty much just down the road from the bookstore, and I don't have to use the freeway to get there.
'Whitney' was the only movie playing that I was remotely interested in seeing, and I'm sure glad I did.
The dance of chance ... or just a coincidence?-) 
Hey, I'm just watching the wheels go round in my life, so what would I really know about coincidence, right;-)
From the book 'The Many Faces of Coincidence'
Oh ... and Whitney Houston was married to Bobby Brown at one time, so there is another Brown/e to throw into this weird mix of chance and dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment