Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 27, 2020

Piss-memes in the Time of Corona?

During the Corona lock-down I thought I would try a new beer
Does Corona beer contain urine?
Looks like everyone is taking the piss out of Corona these days:-)
I was drinking a new XXXX Dry beer when I was writing up my post about the Randonauts website and I also stumbled across their "piss-meme" page where they claim that Randonauts typically report high-levels of urine-filled bottles laying around close to attractors
I discovered that I can even buy "Piss Bottle" merch at the Randonaut shop, like this hoodie pictured below with a bottle of piss on the front of it, which would cost me about the same price of a carton of XXXX Dry that wasn't on special.
Randonauts: Explore The World You Never Knew Existed?
Now I guess we[e] know the real reason why pool owners tell us not to go swimming on a full stomach;-)
A Dumbo Feather and a Duck?
I had also read about the rumour of Corona workers pissing in the beer, which turns out to be false according to Snopes.com, but it got me wondering about the XXXX Dry that I was drinking;-)
I did have fond memories of touring the XXXX brewery a while back with my youngest son, so I thought this new beer would at least be no worse than picking up some Corona, but I was wrong.
As Good as Gold: Beer Prices to Spike as Climate Heats Up, Scientists Warn?
I'd bought a whole carton of XXXX Dry thinking it might be like XXXX Gold, but it was more like XXXX Piss.
A black swan attacking a black dog in the water?!
The trouble is with the pubs being shut and everybody you know being out of work, and/or isolating at home with the fear and depression of a sick world and sick economy, it's easy to drink more than you normally would.
So what happens when lock-down is over?
Will we see AAs full of people introducing themselves as alcoholics to group members sitting 1.5 metres away from each other, with personal tales of being followed by the black dog of depression that emerged from this black swan event?
That's a random, but somewhat sobering thought, isn't it?-(
Cheers.
LIMITED EDITION RANDONAUTS SINGLE RUN GOLD PIN
Battling Booze Addiction in Australia?
You Have to Set Your Mind on a Goal ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment