Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 29, 2020

Synchronicities: The Evolving Self, the Personal Unconscious, and the Creative Process?

I was reading chapters 6 & 7 of Mike Clelland's book
'The Messengers' where he writes about doctors
Gibbs Williams and Kirby Surprise, and the subjects of synchronicity and shamanism.
I had read Dr. Surprise's book years ago, and while I found it an interesting read I certainly do not agree with Surprise about his conclusions about how synchronicity works -
Surprise, Kirby Says He is a Shaman?!
And if you want to make my eyes roll, just tell me that you are a shaman.
Real shamans don't tell you that they are a shaman I believe, so if you tell me that you are a shaman, then I'm on the back foot with you from the get go and the red flags go up in my mind.
I hadn't heard that much about Dr. Gibbs Williams though (not that he calls himself a shaman like Surprise does), and after reading about Williams in 'The Messengers' I went searching for podcasts and You Tubes Williams might have been interviewed on.
I put Williams' book title into the search engine I use
'Demystifying Meaningful Coincidences (Synchronicities)' and a heap of "synchronicity" videos popped up.
Gibbs A. Williams
I didn't find any You Tubes involving Gibbs Williams, but I did find an interesting video (above) by a guy who calls himself
Shaman Oaks (eyes roll in my head:-), so I went to
Shaman's You Tube channel and found some very interesting You Tubes documenting his drug trips.
I certainly don't think Shaman Oaks is a real shaman, but his video trips are worth a view, I think.
Which is why I wrote this post, but I'm still in the middle of writing a post about Gibbs Williams, and me reading the 'The Messengers', and my thoughts about me reading about Williams in Mike's book.
Oh ... Shaman Oaks is just a jokey name he gave himself, because he is from Shermen Oaks or something, which sounds a bit like Trump thinking injecting Detol would be Trump's idea of telling a funny joke, to me:-)
It gives people the wrong idea, even if it is just a joke, which in Trump's case I doubt if it was.
I've never done any psychedelic drugs like Shaman Oaks has, but I haven't ruled it out in the future, if I feel the need to.
I like hearing other people's thoughts/experiences from when they tripped out on psychedelic drugs and how similar they are to hearing "UFO abductees" talk about their "reality" of meeting alien beings.
And I like hearing "experts" like Gibbs Williams and Kirby Surprise tell you how synchronicity works.
Maybe they could explain to me how "GOD" works in mysterious ways while they are at it, as I'm all ears ... and eyes:-)
Hidden Experience: Gibbs Williams analyses syncronicities
Looks like Shaman Oaks and I might have something in common:-)
I've got some real trippy sync posts in the works and none of them involve me taking drugs, or bending things to my Will:-)
And no, I haven't read Gibbs Williams'book,
'Demystifying Meaningful Coincidences (Synchronicities): The Evolving Self, the Personal Unconscious, and the Creative Process', and nor do I intend to at this point, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment