Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 26, 2020

My Least Favourite X-Files Episode: Chimera?

A scene from The X-Files Season 7 Episode 16
I think when it comes to all of 'The X-Files' episodes I have watched so far 'Chimera' is probably my least favourite episode, because of the bad rap it gives to corvids.
That episode aired the day after April Fool's Day 2000 I noticed.
I see that the director of that X-Files episode was Cliff Bole, who passed away the day after Valentine;s Day, 2014.
VDirector
(1985)
I couldn't help thinking how similar Cliff Bole sounds to Cliff Booth when you say their names -
The Fool's Journey of CLIFF Booth?-)
"
The term "chimera" has come to describe any mythical or fictional creature with parts taken from various animals, to describe anything composed of very disparate parts, or perceived as wildly imaginative, implausible, or dazzling."
Scenes from The X-Files episode 'Chimera'
Gee, coming from a guy named Fox, Mulder can sure talk some s#it about the evil of animals, can't he?-)
The Three "Only" Things?
Three crows hanging around my backyard birdbath:-)
I have crows visit me nearly every day, so what are you saying there Mulder?-)
It was sad to see that Gina Mastrogiacomo passed away in 2001 from a rare heart infection aged 39, and that the X-Files episode 'Chimera' was her last acting role before her death.
I guess that's kind of spooky in hindsight. 
But I love corvids and you'll never convince me that they are evil birds, just like you'll never convince me that 'The X-Files' is a good TV show worth spending my time watching:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment