Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 10, 2020

A BoRAT/Bombshell in 2020?

I took a break from my X-Files watching/binging on Amazon Prime to watch two movies I saw advertised on the Amazon platform which I was yet to see.
Both films starring Rudy Giuliani, too.
A guy I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw him.
I found these films made a good pairing on the eve of the 2020 American election, especially seeing Giuliani coming out after the election as Trump's lawyer making accusations of foul play in the counting of votes.
On the subject of Giuliani and past presidents of the USA,
Richard Kind (born on November 22nd) plays Rudy Giuliani in the movie 'Bombshell':-)
And on an 'X-Files' like synchromystic note, I see that
Richard Kind's next project is titled '10-13', and that
Sacha Baron Cohen (who plays Borat) shares 10/13 as his birthday with 'X-Files' creator Chris Carter:-)
But wait there is more crazy X-Files synchromysticism here.
Charlize Theron and David Duchovny share August 7th as birthdays, while Margot Robbie's birthday is on
July 2nd,World UFO Day:-)
Throw Another Barbie on the Barbie?
And as far as Nicole Kidman goes in all this X-Files synchromysticism, apart from sharing her birthday of June 20th with my eldest son  ... well -
I had to laugh when BoRAT runs into Tom Hanks in
Borat Subsequent Moviefilm':-)
Adam Schlesinger, Tom Hanks and That Thing You Do?
Anyway, if you get a chance check those shows out for yourself.
I thought the Borat film was very funny, but 'Bombshell', like
'The X-Files' shows didn't seem to know whether to go for the laughs, or play it straight.
And I think that's where both shows fall down, as it's either one or the other for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment