Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 1, 2020

Across the Universe and Strawberry Fields Forever?

I recently saw this story in a local newspaper, where scientists were growing mini-brains that looked to me like strawberries to test for brain cancer in children.
I couldn't help thinking of my old mate
Chris Knowles whose co-authored X-Files book I'm currently reading while watching the whole 217 episodes at Amazon Prime, and his obsession with everything Fraser, as according to Chris, the name Fraser is associated with strawberries.
LOL ... September 23rd is my birthday:-)
I had only this year watched 'The X-Files' episode called
'Memento Mori' where Scully has cancer from removing an "alien" implant from her head and suffers nose bleeds all the time.
Not that I believe I've been abducted by aliens, but I suffered as a child/teenager way worse nose bleeds than Scully ever had in that show, when I was growing up, but I haven't had hardly any nose bleeds since I was in my early 20s, which does seem strange to me in a way.
And I couldn't help thinking of Cynthia Crawford's cause of death when I was watching that X-Files episode, as she had brain cancer and apparently was cured (by aliens according to her) years before eventually dying from it.
I still have the blue alien statue that I bought off her on my desk in front of me.
Cynthia Crawford Has Gone Up to The Spirit in the Sky
I also watched the movie 'Memento' last night for the first time ever, thinking before I watched it that I had seen it years before, but as I watched it I realized that I had never seen it before:-)
I only watched it last night because I was looking through the free Amazon Prime movies and saw it was available to watch.
And I only watched it because of seeing a guy who looked like
Guy Pearce to me at the AFL Grand Final -
What was I thinking?-)

I'm glad I took a photo of that guy at the final so I could see that it wasn't really
Guy at all:-)
Maybe I should get a
strawberry tattoo to remind me that memories are fickle things, and that life is one strange head trip?
Mindfulness/Mindlessness: How Many Angels on the Head of a Pin/How Many Tears in a Bottle of Gin - Forget Proof?
The High Weirdness of Trusting No One?
Skeptiko #365?-)
The Earth takes 365 days to go round the sun?

No comments:

Post a Comment