Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 10, 2020

Arcadia: March 7th, 1999?

Aired the day that Stanley Kubrick died, March 7th, 1999?!
"This is a very popular episode in the fandom because Mulder and Scully pretend to be married
However, they don't feel comfortable at all and their usual unresolved sexual tension is even higher than ever, because of Scully's behavior towards Mulder.
The reason is that in season 6 Scully is frequently mad at Mulder, as she is jealous of Mulder's former lover, Diana Fowley [played by Tom Cruise's ex-wife Mimi Rogers]."
Stanley Kubrick's last film
"The Latin phrase Et in Arcadia ego, which is usually interpreted to mean "Even in Arcadia there am I", is an example of memento mori, a cautionary reminder of the transitory nature of life and the inevitability of death.
The phrase is most often associated with a 1647 painting by
Nicolas Poussin, also known as "The Arcadian Shepherds".
In the painting the phrase appears as an inscription on a tomb discovered by youthful figures in classical garb."
Maybe the X-Files writers should have ended the
'Arcadia' episode with Scully saying to Mulder, "Lets F#ck":-)
Can't Help Thinking That The X-Files Episodes Are More Stephen King Schlock Than Stanley Kubrick Masterpieces For Some Reason?

2 comments:

  1. If you're bringing up momento mori, don't forget the x files episode of the same name in season 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had thought about that Max, but it was past midnight when I finished writing that post and I needed to hit the hay pronto.
    It was a post I decided to do at the last minute, as I have over a dozen more posts in mind that have all been related to some recent synchronicities in the past week or so I want to get out before I forget, so I'm glad that you mentioned that episode in the comments here for any readers who want to check that episode out as well.
    I may come back at a later date and re-edit this post by delving into that episode too, but my head is full of other posts I want to write at the moment before they slip away from my conscious mind.

    ReplyDelete