Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 2, 2021

Neuro-Nancy?

Wouldn't Read About It... Would You?
I saw this news story about the urgent need for school librarians and I thought maybe I should send them my Nancy Pearl Deluxe Librarian Action Figure?-)
I met Nancy Pearl at a Brisbane library talk back in 2006 and she signed the box my action figure was in, and the box is still on the top shelf of my bookcase in my living room.
'Neuromancer' is the dark blue book on Nancy's trolley
Nancy's book recommendations were a big reason why I bought a copy of William Gibson's 'Neuromancer' and finally read it this year -
'Kill Switch' was an X-Files episode written by William Gibson
'Book Lust' is the book I'm reading now
Podcast  about the NANCY PEARL–LIBRARIAN ACTION FIGURE
My Nancy Pearl Action Figure. Signed by Nancy Pearl...Shhh!
Robot librarian tidies up after humans
ABConversations Podcast featuring Stuart Kells 
My copy of 'Neuromancer', soon not to be:-)
I'm one reader who likes to read hard copy books, rather than the Kindle versions, and I hope that old school librarians like Nancy never die and they just SHHHH! away:-)
And I hope that old bookstores don't fade away into cyber-space, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment