Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 27, 2021

The Last Picture Show Author Fades Out of This Earthly Picture?

The Last Picture Show (1971)
Larry McMurtry (1936–2021)
Cineworld has announced it will reopen US cinemas next month, followed by the UK in May
Kind of ironic timing there Larry?
Larry McMurtry
Although in Australia where I live cinemas have remained pretty much business as usual, with the exception of the Australian state of Victoria.
I could go and see 'Godzilla vs Kong' at the cinema today in my home town of Brisbane where most of the movie was shot, if I wanted to.
Although, that might be a different story next week if we are put into lock-down, which is becoming a possibility by the hour right now.
Do You Really Need to See a Blockbuster to Have an Entertaining Time at the Cinema?
Godzilla vs. Kong
I guess if we do go into lock-down I can always catch it on my iPad through a streaming service?-)
SchrΓΆdinger's Can of Worms?
No-MAD-land?
The night I saw 'Nomadland' at the cinema there was only me and my son in cinema 2 for the whole movie.
I half joked to him that this movie would have felt more realistic by viewing it at the drive-in, rather than at the cinema:-)
2020 and the Return of the Dead End Drive-in?
I notice that Larry McMurtry had 23 writing credits at his IMDB page and that a re-boot of 'Terms of Endearment' starring Oprah is in the works.

UPDATE: March 30th, 2021
Chaos walking in BrisVegas?-)
And just when us BrisVegans thought it was safe to go back to the cinemas?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment