Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 23, 2021

Neuromancer, Coming to a Secondhand Bookstore Near You?

Page 145 pretty much sums up 'Neuromancer' for me:-)
William Gibson also wrote the X-Files episode 'Kill Switch'
William Gibson was born on St.Patrick's Day like Jake Kotze was?
I pulled my copy of 'Neuromancer' off my bookshelf late last year when I had watched the
William Gibson written X-Files episodes 'Kill Switch' and 
'First Person Shooter' and started to read the book from where I had left off reading it years ago.
And I must confess that this book bored me to death and that I was so glad when I came to the end of it and could finally say that I've now read it ... and will never re-read it again.
Next trip to the secondhand bookstore it is coming with me and it ain't coming home with me:-)
I bought Gibson's book back in 2011, so it only took me 10 years to get around to finish reading it - 
Neuromancer, Pirates, Pearls and Lightbulbs???
Shelf Aware Podcast: Neuromancer
I know a lot of people love this book, but I'm not one of them.
I agree with what the two podcast hosts of the 'Shelf Aware' podcast have to say about reading the book.
Or with the guy in this podcast episode below who has just read the novel for the first time.
I still think it was ironic that the book came out in 1984, and that William Gibson was born in 1948 -
The Penguin Podcast 111: William Gibson with Nihal Arthanayake
Desert Island Discs: William Gibson1999
Jacking into 'The Matrix'?-)
No man or woman is an island?-)
William Gibson on the End of the Future?

No comments:

Post a Comment