Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 14, 2021

Dragon Boat Festival ... Today?

The Dragon Boat Festival
14 June, 2021 (1 + 4 =  5?-)
It's winter down here in my part of the planet Goodreads:-)
I was laying in bed this cold winter morning listening to an old 2009 podcast on my iPad featuring Michael Newton and wondered when he had left this Earthly realm, so went on a Google Safari (pardon the pun) to find out.
2012andbeyond's Podcast: Dr. Michael Newton - Between Lives
Turns out that he pretty much died on my 2016 birthday, since in Australia we are a day ahead of the USA.
My own father having died just 10 days before my 2016 birthday.
Ironically the Sharks next game 2021 game is against
The Cowboys:-)
My Happiest Birthday Ever
Michael Newton died September 22nd, 2016
Anyway, I noticed the Dragon Boat doodle on the Google search engine and clicked on it to see just what this holiday was all about.
I read about the holiday then watched this You Tube which was uploaded in 2009 in the last Year of the Ox.
But the narrator was confusing the 5th Chinese calendar month and day with the English calendar date of May the 5th.
I was born in the Year of the Dragon, so this race is right up my ally ... or river:-)   
Row, row, row your boat gently down the river, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a metaphorical shiver? 
I've had this book of Newton's sitting on my bookshelf for a few years and threw it into my "to read" pile last week and since then have heard people on podcasts mentioning this book about four times now ... so it might be too late if I hear it mentioned for a fifth time, especially today on the "Double Fifth";-)
The story best known in modern China holds that the festival commemorates the death of the poet and minister Qu Yuan (c. 340–278 BC) of the ancient state of Chu during the Warring States period of the Zhou dynasty.
Why are you wearing that stupid bull t-shirt back in 2016 you monkey?-)
Why Are There Monkeys? (and other questions for God)?
And on the subject of Chinese New Years and 2016, I have a few synchronicites to relate to this post in one of my next posts, which I will link here once I have written it -
A Chinese Monkey Message on Dragon Boat Festival Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment