Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 23, 2021

Hypnosis and the Stories We Tell Ourselves, Real or Imagined ... for Healing? (Part 2)

Andy's Past Life and Regression Therapy Videos
This post is the follow up to my post about what makes the hypnotist authors of 'Memories to the Afterlife' tick and to find podcasts or articles where these hypnotists try and tell us what their experiences have been like using hypnosis in their practices -
Hypnosis and the Stories We Tell Ourselves, Real or Imagined ... for Healing? (Part 1)
Unseen Podcast: Certified hypnotherapist Yvonne Smith explores the hidden memories?

The more I read of these "life between lives" regressions, the more I can't help seeing the similarities between those people tell of meeting their soul group in a room or chamber similar to what
Mike Clelland recalls in his "alien abduction" regression and the mention of some kind of contract they all agreed to before "coming here".
Some of these LBL readings involve "spirit guides" giving the hypnosis patient a "download", much like people in the UFO field like Grant Cameron talk about receiving from "aliens" -
Although, it's a bit hard to track down some of the
hypnotist authors from the book, and sometimes the ones that I do, like Christine below and above, don't seem to mention being "lives between lives" practitioners anymore, for some reason. 
Some may have crossed to the other-side themselves or retired from their hypnosis practice.
Covid may even have sent them out of business, and one bloke in that book may even be serving a 13 year jail sentence for sexual misconduct, unless the criminal and the hypnotist just happen to have the same name, live in the same area and look similar to each other?
But I'll let you do your own homework on that one, without naming any names.
And I notice that some of these past lives hypnotists and subjects are into reiki or are "Reiki Masters" just like a lot of "UFO experiencers" I hear Mike Clelland talk about, so there is another thing these two groups seem to have in common.  
According to [Wikipedia and ...] "the Oxford English Dictionary, the English alternative medicine word reiki is etymologically from Japanese reiki (霊気) "mysterious atmosphere, miraculous sign" (first recorded in 1001), combining rei "soul, spirit" and ki "vital energy"—the Sino-Japanese reading of Chinese língqì (靈氣) "numinous atmosphere".
The earliest recorded English usage dates to 1975"
Even Pete Smith who took over running the Michael Newton Institute from Michael Newton has stepped down recently by the looks.
While I do believe in past lives and reincarnation, I'm not convinced that hypnosis works that well between fact and fantasy.
And when it comes to the "abduction phenomena" I think a lot of these people deeply want to believe that their experience wasn't just a very lucid dream.
But would hypnosis make you believe that a dream you had was real? 
This chapter of Nancy's above was one of my most enlightening reads in the book, as her subject James points out that the members of "his soul group" can appear as pretty much anything, such as Jesus, Santa Claus ... maybe even aliens, to get their point across to the Earthbound ego.
From chapter 21 of  'Memories of the Afterlife'
Which was something I suspected right from the get-go of reading this book. 
And as timing would have it, the latest 'The Past Lives' Podcast is with Tracie Austin, who discusses NDEs, aliens and ghosts. 
The Past Lives podcast #169: Tracie Austin
I hadn't heard of Tracie Austin before listening to the above podcast, but I did find that she had interviewed Mike Clelland at her podcast show, which seems to be a dead link now (pardon the pun:-)
Having just finished reading and listening to James Joyce's famed novel 'Ulysses' this month I was surprised to find a Dublin based hypnotist writing a chapter in Newton's book -
Jonathan Yorks
I had to use the translate button on my browser for this
German author's web-page, and I'm not even going to try and translate her surname of Fuckert into English;-)  
Dorothea Fuck it Fuckert?-)
Hey, don't blame me for picking this Australian sense of humour in my last "life between lives" as it was my "soul group's" idea to have it in this life time, I swear;-)
Worried about sore muscles and sports injuries?
Scott De Tamble
So is stage hypnosis like the BS world of WTF Wrestling, where everyone on stage/in the ring is just pretending, so as to suck the audience in and take their money?-)
I Know That I am Going to Hell by Tina Zion
I have to say that while I'm not convinced that Newton's "Lives Between Lives" is any more than a mytho-poetic soul story more than the real deal, I do agree with him on his thoughts about a Biblical like "Hell" like he writes about in the footnote to Tina Zion's chapter where a Christian fundamentalist undergoes this LBL method of healing.  
Some of these so called "Christian Churches" seem a little more like cults than a religion to me.
Tina M. Zion's books
And yet again, another Reiki practitioner among the Newton students.  
Back tracking to get back on track?
Hypnotherapy is an interesting phenomena, but I'm not so sure that the "experts" like Celia and Newton really know all that much about how and why it works ... or doesn't.
I'm glad I read Newton's book and approached it the way I did in writing up these two posts, but if I had have read it like most people do, I think it would have put me into a trance of hippie-dippie boredom, like those Star-seed alien stories of "special kids" who do bugger all in the way of helping the Earth other than the equivalent of people who complain about the weather without having the ability to do anything concrete about it.   
"Lives Between Lives" regression therapy might make for some great mytho-poetic personal stories for individuals to get themselves through this life they are living now with some hypno carrot to keep their mind off topping themselves from their pre-hypno mental angst.
 And while I do believe in reincarnation and life after death, I think it is a much more complex and mind-blowing set of circumstances involved when "planning" one Earth life, than a bunch of five or six "souls"  planning entwined lives among another, say 7 billion "souls" (not to mention animals, such as pets and predators in their lives) on the journey with you and your group.
Just sit back and relax, and think that over for a while, 4, 3, 2, 1 ... and sleep;-)
Pleasant dreams.

2 comments: