Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 7, 2021

The Individual Consciousness as a Metaphorical Pinball in the Collective Consciousness of the Metaphorical Machine?

Ever since I was a young boy, I've played been the silver ball?
Maybe because I was a young boy growing up when pinball machines were the video games of the day and the movie and musical 'Tommy' was such a huge part of the pop cultural psych, but I've always liked the idea in a metaphorical sense that the pinball being shot into the machine represented the individual's oblivious soul of the player, while the player themselves represented the "God" part of the player, or Higher Self of the player, WHO directed ... or tried to direct the mirrored ball around the machine (material world) in an effort to bounce the ball off all kinds of things, including other uncontrolled (by the player) silver balls (which to me represented other souls in the game which weren't me) to gain points (worldly experience).
'Pinball Wizard' was released on March 7th, 1969 by The WHO thirty years to the day before Stanley Kubrick died after making his last movie 'Eyes Wide Shut';-)
I had been thinking of writing a post like this one for a while with my thoughts about life as a metaphorical pinball game where we all enter the machine to bounce ideas and experiences off one another while our over-soul 
wo/mans the flippers, but it was only when I saw a pub full of pinball machines across the road from the Gabba on my way with my son to watch a Brisbane Lions footy match against the GWS Giants that got me to thinking deeply again how we seem to be guided by something outside ourselves through the machine of life.
Brave Mediums and Psychics?
Seems random when rolling around down here in the machine, but not when you view the game from behind the flippers, I reckon.
Chaos, Magic[k] and Pinball?
It takes
metaphorical balls to play this game ... and the more the better:-)
Happy Birthday Pete Townshend ... Did Some Reader Out There Just Ask WHO?-)
Robert Moss About Coincidences & Synchronicities:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment