Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 30, 2021

Boy Swallows Universe and Brisbane Dentist Wakes Up With an Irish Accent Coming Out of Her Mouth?

Timing is everything it seems when it comes to reading a book, as I had only seen on 60 Minutes just over a week ago a segment about a Brisbane dentist who grew up in Australia, but woke up after surgery with an Irish accent, then I started reading the Brisbane based novel 'Boy Swallows Universe' again and read the chapter about a Brisbane boy hearing an Irish woman's accent for the first time in real life -
Mind Games: Dolores Cannon on Atlantis, Healing, Hypnosis and ... Water?
Memoir or Fiction? Trent Dalton On Boy Swallows Universe
Slight SPOILER ALERT ... in the novel 'Boy Swallows Universe' the main character who is semi-based on Trent Dalton's life loses a right index finger at some point, so I thought it was ironic that I listened to last week's Dublin Unity Church service where a story is told in an Irish accent from the pulpit about a Norwegian guy who loses a finger and can't fight when called up for the army, because he has no trigger finger:-)
I've never been to Ireland, nor been to a
Unitarian Church service, and while I'm not a Roman Catholic I am familiar with the Church and Catholic life through my Nan (my father's mother), which is probably why I joined the Liberal Catholic Church as a teenager and still am a member, even though I haven't been to a service for many decades.
But I usually associate Dublin and Ireland with Guinness, good music and Roman Catholicism, not Unitarian Churches.
If I ever go for a visit to Dublin I might have to check out a service at that Unitarian Church for myself - 
Episode 49 - Trent Dalton - Boy Swallows Universe
A Local Magick Shop Disappears in All of the 2020 Chaos?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment