Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 15, 2021

Steal This Book/Movie/Podcast ... Whatever?

I recently finished reading
Abbie Hoffman's deplorable book
'STEAL THIS BOOK' after watching the Netflix movie
'The Trial of the Chicago 7' and realizing I had bought the book (not stolen it) years ago, because the book was recommended to me by someone years ago as one of those books that you have to read before you die ... or before getting killed from a Leftist pipe bomb, or shot in the head by a Right-wing racist nut-bag:-)
To my thinking the extreme Left is no better than the extreme Right.
Not hard to see why after you've read
this piece
of garbage I think.
When I was a kid I fantasied about becoming a Hippie when I grew up, but someone with morals, unlike Hoffman was when you read his anarchic criminal cookbook.
This book ain't worth stealing,
unless you need 
toilet paper
:-)
Episode 6: Steal This Podcast: The Abbie Hoffman Papers
The 'American Rhapsody' podcast
As much as I liked Abbie's Merry Prankster-like street theater gags, that doesn't absolve him from telling people to steal, shop-lift, blow things up, vandalize and to rip people off.  
No wonder he ended up ending it all ... or did he?-)
'STEAL THIS BOOK'
Hoffman's fellow Chicago Seven defendant David Dellinger disputed this; he said, "I don't believe for one moment the suicide thing" and said that Hoffman had "numerous plans for the future." 
However, the coroner stood by the ruling, saying, "There is no way to take that amount of phenobarbital without intent. It was intentional and self-inflicted.""
Kind of ironic reading this book in 2021:-)
A YIPPIE SEANCE! — Abbie Hoffman and Jerry Rubin
Take Credit for Last Week's Insurrection?
Even Hoffman's sidekick in crime ... fighting Jerry Rubin was killed J-walking allegedly -
"On November 14, 1994, Rubin was struck by a motorist as he attempted to cross Wilshire Boulevard, in front of his penthouse apartment in the Westwood area of Los Angeles, California.
It was a Monday evening and weekday traffic was heavy, with three lanes moving in each direction. One motorist swerved to avoid
Mr. Rubin, but a second driver, immediately behind the first, struck him.
He was taken to the UCLA Medical Center, where he died of a heart attack two weeks later."
"Hoffman's life was dramatized in the 2000 film Steal This Movie!, in which he was portrayed by Vincent D'Onofrio."
Robert Greenwald is president of Brave New Films, a nonprofit film company that he founded after a career in commercial television and film to motivate and educate viewers on the most pressing issues of the day and also directed the 2000 film
'STEAL THIS MOVIE!' as well as the movie 'Xanadu':-)
STEAL THIS GUN?-)
I'll stay right here, just slightly left of center, thank you very much:-) 
I did like Cohen's performance as Abbie Hoffman in the Netflix movie, by the way, even if I didn't like Hoffman's book.
I gave my book away to my eldest son, who recommended the Netflix movie to me, as I don't want the book in my home anymore now that I have read it from cover to deplorable cover. 
A BoRAT/Bombshell in 2020?

No comments:

Post a Comment