Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 27, 2021

Mind Games: Dolores Cannon on Atlantis, Healing, Hypnosis and ... Water?

I like to be open minded, but not
to where
my brain falls out:-)
Like I wrote in my post about the latest 'The Mysterious Universe' podcast, I started reading Dolores Cannon's book
'The Convoluted Universe: Book One' which I purchased years ago after hearing and reading other bloggers such as Mike Clelland raving on about his (false?) memories of meeting and seeing this hypnotist at a talk, a hypnotist who pulled events out of her subject's "memories" of being able to retrieve "historical records" about life, the universe ... and everything.
The Mysterious Universe of Dolores Cannon and 25/25 in 2021?
I was having a hard time trying to take this book seriously the first time I started reading it about a year ago, but once I hit the Atlantis section of the book I started to get sick from my eyes rolling so much as I tried mentally swimming through it.
I'm sure Dolores thinks her methods work, but I can't help wondering just where reality starts and fantasy begins, when it comes to hypnosis.
I mean take that passage on page 153 above from the book where Dolores gets the subject Phil to imagine he is traveling in an elevator to reach parts of his "memories".
So the elevator is not real, but when he steps out or sees what is presented to him on a certain floor, that is?
To me Atlantis is a subject that is shrouded in so much myth that I find it as hard to take seriously, like such myths as Noah's ark and the flood.
And quite frankly I couldn't care less about either myth.
But I am intrigued by hypnosis and how it works ... or doesn't work -
Wilhelmina "Mina" Wylie
(27 June 1891 – 6 July 1984)
Looks like Google is going with water themes today also?-)
I'm an Australian and I have not heard of Wilhelmina before doing a Google search today.
Or should that be a Goggle search?-)
Goggle search?-)
What is Water?
I'm not really into water sports much, but I did run into
Dawn Fraser once at a golf tournament ironically enough:-)
And I have since read a book about Dawn that the "book angel" had suggested I read -
The Road Ahead?
Ancient Aliens: The World Before Time
Stories and theories about the pyramids and Atlantis might make for some great 'Ancient Aliens' speculation and episodes, but it seems to do nothing but muddy the hypnosis waters between fact and fiction when subjects "recall" the past in these matters.
I'm still curious about hypnosis, but I won't be buying anymore Dolores Cannon books.
Wendy's Coffeehouse Podcast
Ironically, I was going to get back to reading
'Boy Swallows Universe' before I decided to finish off reading
'The Convoluted Universe: Book One' as I see the stage play is opening in August/September and the movie of the book is ready to start filming.
The Garret: Writers on Writing
At home with Trent Dalton
Trent Dalton (born 23 April, 1979) is an Australian
 journalist and literary fiction author
We all like a good story, real or imagined it seems, but when it comes to hypnosis accounts I'm only interested in the real, not imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment