Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 16, 2021

Is Long-Coat Bob and the Story of 'All Our Shimmering Skies' Inspired by Bongaree and a Self Guided Walkabout?

As I've been reading through
Trent Dalton's second novel
'All Our Shimmering Skies' I kept wondering just what the main inspiration for this story was. 
Could it be just a mix of 'Peter Pan' meets 'The Wizard of Oz' meets the movie 'Australia' ... or something more?
Then when I read the first lines of page 220 in the chapter titles
'The Admiral's Coat' it hit me like a ton of bricks that this story of Trent's was probably inspired by the same
'Bongaree Self Guide Walkabout' brochure that I picked up on
Bribie Island when I did the walk with my brother, as I wrote about in this old post -
What is Consciousness and Who and What Are U/s?
There is even an RSL club you can walk past on the extended
Bribie Island Walkabout with a park across the road from it with a life size chopper on a pole, so I think I'm on the money with my theory about Trent's main inspiration for his second novel -
Donation Dollar$?
Can you spot a WWII Japanese plane?
The Story of Trent Dalton's Stories ... and Life?

No comments:

Post a Comment