Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 9, 2020

A Walk in the Park with the Spirits of the Faithful Departed?

The Secret Sun: Temples of the Necropolis
After seeing and hearing Chris Knowles' Secret Sun post where he and a comedian named Eric take a stroll through a memorial park in America, posted just after a post I wrote about a walk I took through a Lions memorial park on the other side of the planet in Australia on an island just below Fraser Island off the Queensland coast -
I thought that I would write this post about ironically stumbling across a park opposite the Bribie Island RSL club when I was looking to find out where Buckley's Hole was on the island.
Dates with Destiny?
Circled are the Butterfly House, Buckley's Hole and the RSL
Buckley's Hole and the memorial park near the Bribie RSL
The Bribie Island RSL carpark
I'm not a member of the Bribie Island RSL, but I am a member of an RSL club in New South Wales.
My coffee cup
"The Returned and Services League, Australia (RSL) is a support organisation for men and women who have served or are serving in the Defence Force."
I'm certainly no fan of wars and I believe Vietnam was a war we were sucked into by America, along with a few other recent ones, but I still feel for the soldiers who probably didn't know what they were fighting for and paid for it with their lives, limbs and mental health.
I must say that I love lighthouses, but I'm no admirer of dicks.
And just for the record Chris, how would you build a practical lighthouse structure that didn't in someone's mind remind them of a dick?
Sometimes a lighthouse is just a cigar:-)
A part of Chris's Secret Sun post;-)
Did Chris just see a moth at this point in the conversation?-)
I also took a walk in a butterfly house on Bribie Island just after midday, so to hear Chris say, "well this is how empires collapse, because ... oooh, that's a pretty moth..." made me think of my visit and all the colourful butterflies I saw, but also how moths are attracted to "the Light":-)
Funny old world Chris, isn't it?
More questions than answers it seems?
While Eric sounds like he is a bit of a clown in that talk, you do make some good points Chris, but don't drown in those dark mental waters you seem to be swimming in lately.
Coffee and the Siren's Song
Is the Siren Song an Archetypal Swan Song for Our Times Telling Us That We Have Buckley's Chance?

UPDATE:October 16th, 2020

2 comments:

  1. Those dark mental waters are called "the outside world" Darren. I'd love to stay out of them but sadly I think we're all drowning in them these days. Primo synchs, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep swimming mate and watch out for those internal sharks trying to nip at your heels and bring you down;-)

    ReplyDelete