Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 6, 2021

Revisiting 'Two Weeks' in the Times of Social Isolation and 14 Day Quarintines?

I noticed in my blog stats that someone had been reading/watching (maybe?) my old post from 2012 about
Johnny Abegg's film 'Two Weeks'  -
I hadn't yet been to Tasmania in 2012, but I did go down there in 2016 for a week, so watching the 23 minute director's cut version once again from a 2021 perspective made the film even more relevant, considering that 14 days/two weeks is the Covid 19 quarantine period if I were to leave my state of Queensland
(and that's if I was allowed to) to visit Tassie this year .
Not that I had visited the part of Tassie that Johnny camped in for two lonely weeks.
And as much as I like living alone in my home with all the mod cons, two weeks in the Tassie wilderness by myself in a tent would scare the crap out of me I'm sure.   
It's hard to believe that film turned 10 years old this year, but seems even more relevant in the times we are living in now.
The Official Australian Covid 19 Death Toll hit 2022 on December 2nd, 2021?

No comments:

Post a Comment