Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 19, 2021

Christmas and Crabs?

Christmas Island school students spend
 hours
protecting iconic red crabs?
The Brisbane City Hall was opened on my father's birthday:-)
I bought a few Christmas decorations through the internet years ago from the USA, but only have one left now, mainly because of cheap glue making them fall apart, which is a crab riding on a life preserver with my father's father's surname written on it, which by rights should be my father's surname, as well as mine, but Nan remarried after they split and I would imagine gave my father his step-father's Irish surname as a big f#ck you to my grandfather.
I've been hanging the crab on a life preserver from the hook that my kitchen calendar hangs from, so every month I have to take the decoration off the hook to turn the month over, and at the beginning of December as I was changing the month over, the crab came off the preserver, which at the time I wondered was some kind of cosmic sign to me?-)
I left the crab on top of my microwave oven and promised to glue it back on with my own glue.     
But it wasn't until this morning when I saw the news story about the kids on Christmas Island helping the crabs not to become roadkill that I finally got around to gluing the crab back on to its life preserver, while thinking of my old post about how crabs like to pull each other down, instead of helping each other out.
Everybody seems to be a bit crabby this year, I reckon;-)
I thought that song sounded familiar, and I even found a video
(below) of a young Australian PM from when he was a boy growing up in the Sutherland Shire:-)
And watch out for
crabs;-)
The Crab Trap Sync
Cheers to a Merry Christmas 2021 and a Happy New Year?

No comments:

Post a Comment