Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 30, 2021

Just How Random is Getting Struck by Lightning ... While Holding an Umbrella?

Security guard zapped by
lightning somehow
survives
I had only just listened to a new 'New Thinking Allowed' podcast episode featuring a lady recounting her story of being struck by lightning while holding an umbrella and then I watched the evening news to see footage of  a security guard holding an umbrella and being struck by lightning and surviving ... and I said to myself, what are the odds of that happening?-)
I watched a few new episodes of 'Bluey' last week and there was one titled 'Rain' where it starts raining and Bluey goes out to play in the rain and Bluey's mother gives her an umbrella to keep dry:-)
I guess we have to assume that it was just a heavy shower and not a storm
Otherwise giving a kid an umbrella to play in a storm seems a little bit more controversial than a pass the parcel game:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment