Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 2, 2022

Ernie Carroll the Entertainer Behind Ossie Ostrich Passes Away the Day of Shane Warne's MCG Memeorial?

Mr Carroll died peacefully on Wednesday morning
Shane Warne's memorial service
When I read the news on Wednesday night at the ABC news site about the passing of Ernie Carroll on the day of Shane Warne's MCG memorial and saw the picture of Bert Newton, Daz & Ossie Ostrich in the same news post, I thought how weird it was that I had just been up to Bribie Island that Wednesday to take my younger brother for a belated birthday lunch at the bowls club and drop some of my books I had decided to pass on to the
Bribie Island Book Exchange up there at the same time.
On the veranda of the bowls club Wednesday
One of those books/CDs was Missy Higgins 'Oz' which I decided would be better on a real fan's bookcase than sitting in my bookcase rarely being played since I bought it.
Missy's book Oz, which was released with the CD of the same name
I was also going to give away my 'The Ol' Razzle Dazzle' CD, but I couldn't find it in my CD collection ... until I got home from my trip to Bribie that is:-)
Darren Hanlon and "A Descant for Gossips"
I guess it wasn't meant to go from my collection yet?-)
I had played
Missy's 'Oz' CD to death last week though when I was working on my post about her new mini-album 'Total Control' coming out on the day Shane Warne passed away -
Total Control?
I wrote in my 'Total Control' post about listening to Missy Higgins and Stephen Curry confessing how they feel about Aussie blokes named Shane, but I thought it was synchromystic that after the host built up Stephen Curry in the intro that Stephen beat the host to saying who his guest was by introducing himself as Bert Newton's son Matthew (whose name is mud these days when it comes to Australian celebrities):-)
Missy Higgins & The Actor Stephen Curry
So to see a photo of Bert Newton with Ossie Ostrich and Daz in that ABC news story about Ernie set my mind back to the confessions podcast where Stephen introduced himself as Bert's bad-boy son Matthew.
Maybe it's just the Trickster at work here?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment