Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 1, 2022

The Power of the Dog?

Cover to Credits Podcast: Episode #131
I finished watching 'The Power of the Dog' just 10 minutes before the start of the Oscars going live on my TV set last Monday morning here in Australia, thinking from all the media buzz this film was going to scoop the awards pool, but it pretty much only came away with the 'Best Director' gong for Jane Campion.
Cover to Credits Podcast
To be honest I had no intention of signing back up to
Netflix just to watch this movie until I listened to the latest 'Cover to Credits' podcast and found out this movie was based on a 1967 novel by the same name written by Thomas Savage.
With Jane being from New Zealand/Australia I thought it was kind of ironic that Thomas was born on April 25th, which is ANZAC Day in Australia and New Zealand:-)
Being a straight male I'm not into movies about Gay cowboys normally, but Jane has shot this movie rather tastefully to tell a good story without me thinking, "hey, you guys why don't you get a room ... or a tent ... as I don't want to see that kind of stuff on my screen please":-)
And as for Netflix there still isn't much more to watch since I cancelled my subscription in 2020.
I'll probably cancel it again at the end of the month and wait til 'Stranger Things 4' comes out.
Hiroshima, Pizza and Other Stranger Things
Cover to Credits: EAT PRAY LOVE?

No comments:

Post a Comment