Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 23, 2023

Journey to the Center of the Earth and the Stairway to Heaven?πŸŒπŸ‘ΌπŸŒ

I recently listened to Jules Verne's book 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' and watched the rather very loose 1959 screen adaption by the same name.
I found the book interesting because they enter the Earth from an extinct volcano in Iceland and I had just read another book about Iceland and its sagas -
GRÍMSEY ISLAND/ICELAND?πŸ₯Ά
They also travel by train through Denmark to catch a boat to Iceland and name areas of Denmark where my mother's side of the family once lived, such as Jutland.
And Verne writes about a church tower in Copenhagen that has an outside stairway that the main characters climb to get them used to heights.
Tower of Our Saviour's Church
I had never before heard of this church tower and wondered if it was a real tower in 
Copenhagen and sure enough it was, I found out with an internet search.
I couldn't help but think of
Led Zeppelin's song 'Stairway to Heaven' when I saw the image of the stairway leading to the gold dome and how the book seemed to allude to two mythical kingdoms.
Which also made me think of the child actress from the 1979 Water-babies movie who appeared on the cover of two of Led Zeppelin's album covers -
That's two films I've watched adapted from books I must read before I die in a row starring James Mason.
I thought that the 1959 movie was crap, but it was good to see a film starring Arlene Dahl, who my father is said to have named my sister after. 
I don't believe in a hollow Earth, but it's kind of fun to imagine, not like the people who imagine such stupid theories as the "flat Earth" though.
I have no time for entertaining such stupidity as a flat Earth theory like Ryan Bledsoe and his friends want to -
AI and Art Mirroring Life?πŸ‘½πŸ”

No comments:

Post a Comment