Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 14, 2023

Notes From (the) Underground?πŸ“–

I just finished listening to Fyodor Dostoevsky's 'Notes from Underground' and watching a 1995 movie adaptation of the novel set in more modern times starring 'Twin Peaks' Sheryl Lee and friend to the "sync-head" community Seth Green.
Notes from Underground (1995)
'1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die'
Seth Green Radio8Ball in 2010 
(Year of the Tiger)
Notes from Underground (1995)
I nearly spat my coffee out of my mouth in surprise when I saw Seth's character had a painting of Elvis in his apartment in that 1995 movie, as I watched this movie on Friday the 13th in Australia, which was the day we Australians found out Lisa Maire Presley had passed away, and I had just finished writing my post about her passing -
Lisa Marie Presley?🐯⚡
An Elvis painting on Seth's character's wall?!
The universe seemed to be telling me to read/listen to 'Notes from Underground' this week, and I thought, hey, I have free will to do what I want Universe, so I will:-) 

I've never read/listened any of Dostoevsky's books before this week, even though they have been on my "bucket list" for quite a while.
But I had not heard of the 1995 movie starring Seth Green, until this week when wondering if there was a movie made from the book and I found it on You Tube to watch for free.
To me the book is about a clown who thinks he is cleverer than everyone around him, telling his story to a clown who thinks they (you/me) are cleverer than everyone around them:-)
I guess I'm ready to read 'Crime and Punishment' now in the weeks ahead?
Or maybe I should get around to reading this book pictured below, which I found a few years ago in a bargain bin;-)
1001 Books I Must Read Before I Die ... Including the Banned Ones?πŸ“šπŸ“–πŸš«
Funny thing happened the day before the 13th was that I got a surge through my power-board while I was watching TV and there was a loud electrical pop that scared the crap out of me.
It took me a while to figure out it was the power-board that blew, as nothing shut down when I heard the pop.
And while the PB was still working, the green light was out, and the red switch light was damaged, which means it's time for me to buy a better PB.
But the thing that blew my mind was my AA battery powered owl clock on the wall stopped working when the pop happened, and it has nothing to do with the power grid the TV is on.
I took it off the wall to replace the battery and found out the battery was corroded, as was the battery terminal in the clock, so I threw the clock in the bin and went to look if I had anything else to hang on the hook it was on.
The only thing I could find that seemed to suit that space was a crucified Christ I had bought from a Catholic Church in Richmond, Tasmania on my 2016 road trip -
Reflections and Refractions of Richmond
I bought it because I remembered reading a book about a subliminal image that was rumoured to be drawn into the abdomen of the artwork by the artist.
Either way, I like it as a work of art and I think it looks good hanging where the owl clock was, not because I'm into Christianity that much, because I like Jesus more as an archetypical metaphor for "God".
Hey, I consider myself "spiritual but not religious" anyway.
One archetype replaced with another?-)
And the Clock on the Wall is a Fine Clock ... Chasing the Minutes in a Climb?
A f###ed clock more like it?-)
(11 November 1821 – 9 February 1881)
I like how in 2023 hindsight that Fyodor's birthday falls on Rememberance Day, the 11th of November, and with his often-quoted lifelong gambling problem that he passed away in 1881, which in poker translates to a pair of aces and 8s, or "The Dead Man's Hand':-)

No comments:

Post a Comment