Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 16, 2023

Because THEY Can Both Be Used to Compose a Message?😜

OK, so it's a crow feather I'm using:-)
Having just listened to
'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' and 'Through the Looking Glass' on Apple Podcasts for free I finally got to hear the differences between the two Lewis Carroll novels and the mishmash of Alice films I watched growing up, especially the 1951 Disney animated movie that still bores me to death when I watch it now.
But I acknowledge now that Disney's cartoon was like a ripple effect in pop-culture that spread the Alice books into the worldwide collective un/consciousness ... as Jung might say.
Edgar Allan Poe Invents the Modern Detective Story?πŸ”πŸš¨
"Alice in Wonderland was met with great criticism from Carroll fans, as well as from British film and literary critics, who accused Disney of "Americanizing" a great work of English literature
Walt Disney was not surprised by the critical reception to Alice in Wonderland as his version of Alice was intended for large family audiences, not literary critics. 
Additionally, the film was met with a lukewarm response at the box office.
Beginning in 1971, the film was screened in several sold-out venues at college campuses, becoming the most rented film in some cities. 
Then, in 1974, Disney gave Alice in Wonderland its first theatrical re-release. 
The company even promoted it as a film in tune with the "psychedelic times", using radio commercials featuring the song "White Rabbit" performed by Jefferson Airplane.
This release was so successful that it warranted a subsequent re-release in 1981.
Its first UK re-release was on July 26, 1979." 
(26 July 1875 – 6 June 1961)
The only thing good to come out of it in my books was the Cheshire Cat:-)
Funny thing is, as I was writing this post up, I was searching for any recent podcasts that Mike Clelland had been on, and I found one on an Apple podcast search at a podcast site named '6 Degres of John Keel'.
Keel is an author I can't stand by the way, having read a number of his books in the past the guy strikes me as somewhat as a charlatan -
Wednesdays are the Weirdest?
On Apple Podcasts Mike's 6 Degrees episode came up as being released on October 13th, 2022, which if you are an X-Files fan 10/13 is a big WTF?
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1972)
I watched the
1972 Alice movie and there were owls all over the screen and I thought how cool it would be for Mike to wear an owl costume like that to one of his UFO talks:-)
Pareidolia, Owls, Synchronicity and March the 6th?
Alice Through the Looking Glass
  
TV Movie (1998)
I have to say that the 1998 movie 'Alice Through the Looking Glass
' is the best of the Alice movies that I've watched, as it is so faithful to the book and it captures the dreamlike storyline brilliantly in my opinion,
Let's hear an owl talk as good as that, or even as good as the raven:-)
Bernard Beitman's 10 Best Books
My Creativity Relies on Coincidences ... as Does Whitley's?πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΎπŸ¦‰πŸΊπŸ€―

No comments:

Post a Comment