Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 26, 2023

Broken Shackles and Australia Day?🌏⛓

Today
(January 26th) is the Australia Day holiday where Australians are meant to celebrate what it means to be Australian, but the day is divisive one with some Australians labeling it "Invasion Day".
I bought a six-pack of 'Broken Shackles' beer to celebrate throughout the day, not that I'm celebrating the country being "invaded" though, I'm celebrating being an Aussie living in the best country in the world.
There is always controversy in the media about celebrating the holiday on the 26th (not that it worries me either way what day they celebrate the day) and most Aussies still want to celebrate the day in January, so what about January 9th?
The day the last convict ship landed in Australia?
The story of Australia’s last convicts
I think people tend to play down the fact that a lot of
Aussies (probably me included) have convict history in their famliy tree.
Cheers:-)
Oh, and James Squire is owned by Lion Nathan, who is owned by Kirin, a Japanese brewing company I found out.
Talk about invasions;-)

UPDATE: January 26th, 2023
I watched the 1966 Australian movie 'They're a Weird Mob' starring the late Italian actor Walter Chiari and which was adapted from the best-selling Australian novel of the same name.
I bought the DVD in a sale and hadn't watched it until today, thinking that Australia Day was probably a good time to watch such a movie.
They're a Weird Mob
It was definitely interesting to me seeing the Sydney Opera House as a shell being built at the time the movie was filmed.
But I found it even more interesting watching the black & white film in the extras about the making of the movie.
Luigia "Gina" Lollobrigida[a]
(4 July 1927 – 16 January 2023)
There was even mention of 
Chiari starring with the late Gina Lollobrigida, who just recently passed away 10 days ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment