Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 18, 2022

GRÍMSEY ISLAND/ICELAND?πŸ₯Ά

GrΓ­msey
is a small Icelandic island, 40 kilometres (20 nautical miles) off the north coast of the main island of Iceland, straddling the Arctic Circle... and I had never heard of the island until reading about it this week in the book 'Saga Land'. 
It literally looks like a cool place to visit to me ... but with my bucket already on the kicking tee I don't know I would get to it at my age if it was listed on my bucket list.
It's the sort of place I could see Richard E. Grant walking around with his cell phone while uploading Twitter feeds to his followers (Withnail and Iceland?-) -
'The Player' Starring Richard E. Grant Turns 30 in 2022?πŸŽ¬πŸ‘
Try running up that hill pushing a boulder like that one Kate Bush;-)
The last hill on an overseas trip I ever went up was this hill in Wellington, New Zealand, and I didn't run up it.
The island's Wikipedia page states that in January 2018 GrΓ­msey had 61 inhabitants and in 'Saga Land' it is said to have a population of 86.
The puffins aren't mentioned in the 'Saga Land' book as far as I can recall, but the islander's love of the game of chess is.
Bangkok is a lot closer to where I live if I want to play chess ... and the grass is greener there now;-)
I Wonder if You Can Buy "Pot" Noodle in Thailand Now?😜
Surely there must be a Puffin Book written about this island ... or at least should be, as the number of Puffin Books employees almost equal the number of GrΓ­msey's inhabitants.
A tale created in order to scare children from getting
 to close to
dangerous edges and falling into the sea?
GrΓ­msey should sell Viking chess pieces in their shops like this one below in 'Saga Land' or use a chess piece like this one on t-shirts with slogans like "I went berserk on Grimsey" or "Check Grimsey out, mate":-)
Page 281 of 'Saga Land'
GrΓ­msey and Iceland would be on my bucket list if I was younger, but the one island on my bucket list right now is Singapore ... and only if I become a little richer than I am now ... and hell freezes over:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment