Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 17, 2023

The Wasp in a Wig?😺

Having listened to both
Alice books recently I was wondering if there was a faithful movie adaptation of 'Through the Looking Glass' and I found out there was when I watched the 1998 tele-movie starring Kate Beckinsale as Alice.
I didn't think it would be possible to make a movie from this book alone, but by Jove this is about as close as you will get, I reckon.
And this movie adaption even includes a scene involving what was described as "a wasp in a wig" which Carroll dropped from the original published book.
The weird thing was that before watching this movie I found a wasp dead on my bedroom floor, which must have somehow got in through the window and wooden blinds.
The dead wasp on my bedroom carpet:-(
I had heard a buzzing sound for the last few days coming from what I thought was the wall, but the wasp must have been trapped in the blinds or window frame.
'1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die'
Funny thing is that I never knew about the missing/restored "a wasp in a wig" chapter in the book or in the 1998 movie until after I had found the dead wasp on my floor and watched the 1998 movie.
"The rediscovered section describes Alice's encounter with a wasp wearing a yellow wig, and includes a full previously unpublished poem. If included in the book, it would have followed, or been included at the end of, Chapter 8—the chapter featuring the encounter with the White Knight.
The missing episode was included in the 1998 TV film adaptation Alice through the Looking Glass."
(Born 26 July 1973)
I also thought it was rather synchromystic that Kate Beckinsale shares July 26th as a birthday with Carl Jung and that the 1951 Disney Alice movie was re-leased in the UK on July 26th, 1979.
(26 July 18756 June 1961)
I think the 1998 movie is very Jungian in imagery and dreamlike quality.
It's a 5-star movie for me.
And as for the dead wasp in my bedroom -
"The wasp is here to remind you that everything will unfold in divine timing, as long as you are allowing the flow of the divine feminine to be entwined with the structure and focus of the masculine.":-)
Oh well, back to the drawing board, I guess?-)
OK, so it's a crow feather I'm using:-)
Because THEY Can Both Be Used to Compose a Message?😜

UPDATE: January 17th, 2023
Just after writing and uploading this post I get an e-mail from my local cinema chain about tickets now being on sale for the movie 'Ant-Man-Wasp Quantumania':-)
I think I'll be passing on that one ... unless my sons drag me along.
I just haven't got the time;-)
Plus, it kinda reminds me of this, for some reason -
2023, the Year of the Rabbit ... or the Cat?πŸ‡πŸ˜»

No comments:

Post a Comment