Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 8, 2023

Madame Bovary, a Book You Must Read Before You Die ... by Whichever Method?πŸ’“πŸ’”πŸ’˜πŸ˜

I finished listening to a free Apple Podcast of the novel 'Madame Bovary' being read to me, then hired the 2014 movie the book was very loosely based on to watch.
Madame Bovary (2014)
The movie is visually stunning, but only concentrates on Emma Bovary and not the other two Madame Bovarys written about in the novel, which pretty much destroys the novel's storyline and bigger picture, so unless you have read the novel you won't get the bigger picture.
Let those Rotten Tomatoes scores be a warning.
Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
I was going to skip past reading/listening to 
'Madame Bovary' in my quest to get through another book I'm reading right now titled '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die' as I thought 'Madame Bovary' was just going to be more Jane Austen type romance stories and I'm all Jane Austened out right now:-)
But ironically, 'Madame Bovary' is mainly about Emma, who reads too many novels when growing up in school and gets an unrealistic idea about marriage, romance and life in general.
I'm glad I read it (well, listened to it being read to me) as it was a great contrast to me reading 'Walden' (well, listened to it being read to me), which was published around the same time in the mid 1800s and are both still very relevant today in the early 2000s as far as the themes of living beyond or in our means go.
And I'm only a few books away from going down the rabbit hole ... before I die.
Warren Peace (War and Peace;-) and Other Great Books to Read in the Year of the Rabbit?πŸ’£☮πŸ•ŠπŸ‡πŸ°

No comments:

Post a Comment