Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 19, 2013

INNIS: East of the Sun & West of the Moon

My CDs from my Kickstarter donation
to get
INNIS into the music game
Cover of the new album
Bowing Not Knowing to What.
Coloured vinyl ... groovy;-)
I got my vinyl record of It's Not Night: It's Space's new Kick-starter made album, Bowing Not Knowing To What in the mail yesterday.
It's Not Night: It's Space & Their First LP
The only problem is that I don't have a record player to play it on.
Backside of the album cover.
I love those
peacock feathers.
I do have the CD which was sent as part of the Kick-starter deal, so it's no real problem not being able to play the record.
In a side note to this post, I just saw on the news that the actor who played Captain Peacock (Frank Thornton) in the British TV show  
Are You Being Served just passed away.
Captain Peacock actor Frank Thornton dies
I loved watching this show growing up, it was always good for a laugh.
Thornton is survived by his wife of 67 years, Beryl, daughter Jane and three grandchildren.
I think my friend in the UK, Mike Perry from 67 Not Out, will find that last piece of trivia amusing;-) 
I also got this great poster of the band's early EP cover.
It now sits on my bookshelf behind the boat I also bought yesterday,
In the Doldrums of Everyday Living
so in a way it is positioned East of the Sun & West of the Moon;-)
I got that CD as part of the Kick-starter package as well.
Bowing Not Knowing to What
I'm really proud that I was part of the group that brought this album to life.
It is a really good album, too.
The clip above is one of the tracks off the new album.
And this clip above is a rough demo of another tune off the album.
http://innis.bandcamp.com/
I think I see my record in the above photo.

1 comment:

  1. Married 67 years - now that's frightening!

    I keep thinking about getting something to play my old records on, it's a shame they are not being used - though some are worth a few pounds now to collectors.

    ReplyDelete