Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 15, 2013

Walkabout (1971)

Walkabout (1971)

This is a movie made by Nicolas Jack Roeg who also made 
The Man Who Fell to Earth about six years later.
Walkabout (1971, Nicholas Roeg)
It's a great film starring Nic's son in his only major movie role.
"Some people are very lucky, and have the story in their heads. 
I've never story-boarded anything. 
I like the idea of chance. 
What makes God laugh is people who make plans."
 Nicolas Roeg
 Nicolas Roeg
" God laughs at people who make plans. 
If one does too much planning, you're not seeing the gold beneath your feet. "
Nicolas Roeg
Nic also made the film below Insignificance
starring his wife as Marilyn M.
" I shoot a lot of stuff. I think that's probably come from not having gone to film school. 
Things work themselves out. 
You've lost the showmanship thing, the fairground barker, come-see-what's-inside aspect of film-making when you try to plan everything for the audience. "
Nicolas Roeg
 I couldn't find a copy of this movie on DVD until I found this DVD shop at the Woodford Folk Festival two years ago.
Woodford Folk Festival
 I'm glad I grabbed a copy, it's a movie worth having in my DVD rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment