Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 9, 2013

My 420 Session in Oz ;-)

I caught the 4:20 session of Oz the Great and Powerful today and had to laugh (no I didn't smoke anything FYI:-) when my random seat number was J4 ... not that I sat there though.
I enjoyed this movie too, and that was without the aid of a  
420 session as well.
When I went to the cinema to see this movie today ... it blew me away when I saw the parallels in the recent media events.
SPOILER ALERT:  
You have a flaming meteor like object that breaks a barrier in the sky over Oz and then lands in Oz -
Russian security footage reveals curiosity, then chaos, as meteor strikes
There is a ‘manned’ balloon that explodes in a ball of flames over Oz and plummets to the ground -
19 killed as hot air balloon crashes in Luxor, Egypt
There is a lion attacking the wizard -
Worker mauled to death at California sanctuary by her favorite lion  
Plus, it’s release in Australia (Oz) coincides with the 100 years of Canberra being Australia’s capital city -
http://www.canberra100.com.au/
It actually wasn’t a bad movie, either.
I couldn’t help thinking of the Wizard as the Pope and the Emerald City as Vatican City, for some reason;-)
Oh … and the wizards name is Oscar … Oz for short … I didn’t know that until I saw the movie today.

The subject  was bought up of Bowie at another blog I was at tonight and I noticed today that there is a little China girl
(a doll who comes from a bombed out China town in the movie)
who is one of the main characters in the film.
.
And at the 1:44 minute mark of the above You Tube Bowie is dressed in a top hat and looks like the wizard … how bizarre is that?
Then right after that there is a shot of the Harbour Bridge in Sydney Australia (Oz).
In fact the clip is shot in Chinatown in Sydney (Oz) when I look at it now.

6 comments:

  1. "Oz The Great And Pow" from your cinema ticket. Piri Weepu's nickname is "Pow"...

    Just saying ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you saying Weepu's a stoner?-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No... I don't think so... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you mistake that cinema ticket for an Aust vs NZ test match ticket?
    Oz the Great and the
    Prisoners Of War.-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I couldn’t help thinking of the Wizard as the Pope and the Emerald City as the Vatican,for some reason"

    Yeah, me too . . . my response to this turned into a post. Just playing catch-up with your prodigious output.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jason
    I read that post of yours.
    Very good,as usual.

    ReplyDelete