Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 12, 2013

Galah - Reading Between the Lines?

Last night while collecting the garbage bin from the footpath I saw about 20 galahs perched on the telephone lines running up the street. 
But by the time I rushed inside to grab my camera most of them had flown off.
According to Scott Alexander King in his book Animal Dreaming, galahs mean joy.
In Australia though a galah is a slang term for a practical joker, or an idiot.
I had to laugh at this line about galahs in Scott's book -
"Galah helps us to honestly asses our actions and assists 
those close to us to read between the lines"
Telephone lines?-)
Bring it on!
We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. 
When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. 
Buddha
Oddly enough, I found this Ferris Wheel picture called  
"Joyride"when I Googled JOY in image search.
 

1 comment:

  1. I had to look up what kind of bird a galah was, don't think I've heard the word previously. So joy follows purity, there's always a snag ...

    ReplyDelete