Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 8, 2020

Ancestry-JUNK-DNA?

I wrote a post a while back expressing my surprise at having
19% Irish ancestry from an AncestryDNA spit in a bottle DNA test -
Recently they updated my results and replaced my Irish 19% with 3% Welsh and telling me the rest of that percentage was Scottish DNA, taking my 5% Iberian Peninsula off me, shaving 1% off my Baltic DNA, while bumping my Swedish DNA up to 18% and
shaving some German %s off me.
I also did a test through MyHeritage, and while they just clump you into large vague ethnic groups, my Baltic DNA wasn't mentioned as it was in my AncestryDNA test, and there was a 5.9% of my DNA that was from the Balkans in MyHeritage, that didn't show up in my AncestryDNA test ... just yet anyway:-)
Some of my DNA make-up from AncestryDNA
This didn't show up in my AncestryDNA test
So what's the point in taking a test to tell your family what ancestry you have when in a few months time after you have told everyone you are 19% Irish and 5% Iberian Peninsular and only 6% Swedish they turn around and update your DNA test to tell you that you are 0% Irish and Iberian Peninsular, and now 18% Swedish to boot?
I already knew most of my mother's side of the family have a Danish history anyway, so I guess in a few month's time they will be telling me I'm 18% Danish instead of being Swedish.
And what's going to be the big new surprise for me next time they update my DNA?
50% alien?-)

UPDATE: November 10th, 2021
Well, surprise, surprise, in the latest update they have given me back my Irish DNA (only%3?) and made a new Swedish/Danish category and shaved some of my Scottish DNA %s off me (I've not shown my Scottish DNA in the above shot ... nor have I shown my alien DNA %):-)

No comments:

Post a Comment