Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 2, 2018

A Higherside Chat with Dr. Scott Kolbaba: Physicians’ Untold Stories, Near Death Experience & Other Miracles

Interesting chat and apt (Easter weekend?) interview at
'The Higherside Chats' podcast site between Greg Carlwood and Dr. Scott Kolbaba about the doctor's new book on NDEs,
'Physicians' Untold Stories: Miraculous experiences doctors are hesitant to share with their patients, or ANYONE!'.
I haven't read Scott's book and I don't think that I will, because I have read many books like it before and nobody needs to convince me about "out of body" experiences and the survival of "death".
But I was amused by Greg's weird rant at the end about "God".
I don't believe in a bearded white headed god on a throne either, but for lack of a better word, I do believe in a connective intelligence that everything exists in which I don't mind calling "God".   
None of us are islands Greg, no matter how much magic you think YOU do.
If you were so magical then you should be able to trip out with 
your own mind instead of using drugs derived from plants that some intelligent force put there for you.
To put it another way Greg, where do you end and the 
world (God?) begins?
Everything is connected as the old tired saying goes, but it's true ... and for lack of a better word I call that "God" and 
we are all part of it.
I don't get why Greg is trying to shoot the messenger (the doctor) at the end of the podcast, either.
The guy is only trying to compile other people's stories, so why should he have answers? 
Anyway, Happy Easter ... or whatever floats your boat.
You can listen to the podcast by clicking on this link -
Dr. Scott Kolbaba | Physicians’ Untold Stories, Near Death Experience & Other Miracles
You might want to get your paddles out, too?-)  

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what's Greg's problem (I'd have to listen to that podcast, and I'm not interested enough), but I'm guessing he's probably what you may call an atheist sorcerer, that is, one who doesn't believe in any sort of conscious existence after death. There are actually many of them. I've suspected sometimes that Richard Dawkins could be a sorcerer, but I've never suspected that he believes for a moment in existence after death! Ghosts are usually non-conscious recordings, you see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of get where Greg is coming from when you get those Christian fundamentalist nut-bags telling you that your soul will burn in hell if you don't except Christ as your Savior and all of that old timey BS.
    But to me "God" is that unknowable intelligence that we are all a part of, not some bearded white headed guy in the sky.
    There is an intelligence to it all I believe, but people tend to see all of the bad things in life and write "God" off.
    Life is no doubt tragic from our limited perceptive of it, but there is more to life than what meets the eye.
    And I can certainly see why people would curse "God" when things go wrong in their lives (I've done that many times myself and I'm sure I'll do it many times to come before I die), but we really don't know the reasons for it all until we get through our own lives.
    A lot of people like to play God themselves and think they can manifest a great life all by their own doing.
    I laugh at that one and say just keep telling "God" your plans, because while we are all part of "God", none of us are "God".
    Life is a team sport and everyone is given their position to play.
    I you won't play the game like you are supposed to you'll find yourself on the bench or injured.
    That's the way I see the game of life.
    Like Shakespeare wrote, "All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players:
    They have their exits and their entrances;
    And one man in his time plays many parts."
    —Jaques in As You Like It

    ReplyDelete