Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 9, 2018

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead ... The Hero's Journey?

I can't see myself ever getting into juicing my own fruits and vegetables like the guy in this movie, barring maybe hand squeezing orange and grapefruits at breakfast, unless my health was seriously on the line like his was, but this is a great movie to watch even if like me you have no interest in doing a juice fast, because in many ways this movie is like an underdog movie where you are cheering for the guy to win his health and optimal weight back from living the foolish carefree dietary lifestyle that painted him into a health and weight corner.
But it isn't Joe Cross you'll find yourself cheering for the most as you watch this movie, it will be the trucker Joe meets in Winslow, Arizona ... yes 'Take it Easy' ... that Winslow, Arizona that the 'Eagles' sing about as in - 
"Don't let the sound of your own wheels 
drive you crazy 
Lighten up while you still can
don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
and take it easy
Well, I'm a standing on a corner
in Winslow, Arizona
and such a fine sight to see
It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed
Ford slowin' down to take a look at me
"

That trucker's story probably overshadows Joe Cross' story in the first film ... but in the second movie, which was shot a number of years later we find out the trucker's story didn't turn out as happily ever after as the first movie would leave you thinking.
Which really does hammer home that life is NOT a destination, it's a continual journey, which is not over "til the fat lady sings", to quote an old politically incorrect saying from years gone by.
You can watch both movies on Netflix and you might even be able to watch the first one for free at the movie's homepage on the internet.
Joe Cross?!
With a name like Joe CrossLent would be the perfect time to start a juice fast I would think;-)
I'm glad that I have never really had a weight problem in my life, but my journey isn't over yet ... not until the fat lady sings anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment